Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thrifty Finds ~ Old Jelly Jars

Lookie, Lookie...  I was sooo excited to find these on my thrifting travels.  Old Kerr and Ball jelly jars are just wonderful and have a variety of uses in this house --Yippee!!  Usually, I only find these style of jars in singles, but imagine my shock when they were sitting there by the box... They made my face light up with joy. :0)  One of the boxes hasn't even been opened yet!   Maybe I'm the only fuddy duddy that likes these, since the thrift store seemed to be more than happy to be rid of them...  




I also picked up a few sweaters that I already felted.  The earth tones are so inviting.  The weight of the felt is just perfect.  There are a few designs that I would like to get working on soon that will fit right into these colors.


I also struck pay dirt for my kid with a bunch of new name brand work shirts.  He got 5 shirts for $10.50.  Score!!   My hope is for a mild winter so this fun lasts! ;)

2 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot on those nice jelly jars. Nice to see you visited my blog & thanks for the comment. Yes I to do enjoy my chickens & talk to them to. Blessimngs!
Lara

Brenda said...

Glad to hear from you again Lara!! :)