Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Monday, October 4, 2010

About Me



Hello and welcome to Pumpkin Hollow Primitives! I hope you will enjoy visiting with me, and I look forward to welcoming new friends. My name is Brenda, and I grew up in a small town in Illinois. I left to live in the big city (at least to me) for three years, and then moved to an even smaller town (population 425) with my husband and son. Pumpkin Hollow Primitives was originally conceived to house my primitive tole work and has been expanded to include my passion for pioneering history, rural life, cooking/preserving food, and hand crafted hobbies. Oh, just a little bit of everything!

I love to paint on items that are purchased from flea markets and garage sales. I like the idea of recycling and giving them a new life, whether it is an old child's sled or worn out Christmas lights. The challenge is to find a design that works with that particular item. You will also see that I love dried gourds as a sculpting/painting surface. I began working with them last year and found them to be great fun! I use tole patterns from other artists but am currently playing around with some designs of my own. Most of these "one of a kind" items will be made available to purchase.  Oh... and my newest passion is quilting.  I am just starting to learn the ropes and hope to add fiber artist to my resume. ;)  If there is an item you would like to purchase, please feel free to email me ( pumpkinhollowprimitivesathotmail.com remove at and use @) or leave a comment with contact information.

This is my newest blog (I can also be found at http://sketchesfromthecupboardunderthestairs.blogspot.com/ ).  The essence of this blog will be built day by day and blog by blog. Hopefully, it will always be a work in progress and an evolution of ideas. There will always be room for one more friend, so if you are so inclined, I am always open to great advice, funny comments, or just a friend to say hello. So pull up a chair and have a visit-- feel free to check out a few of my favorite blogs, too!  :0)

No comments: