Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Monday, February 14, 2011

No Egg Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe

If you are a chocoholic like myself, this is the recipe for you.   I LOVE chocolate.   It drives my hubby nuts.  He says that I go overboard and have no will power.  (Okay, I did finish off the big bag of m&ms!)  These cookies are so strong with chocolate that I can only eat one!   And do you know what is even better?  I do not have to get a lecture for eating raw cookie dough from my sister, because this little gem of a recipe does NOT require eggs.  I do not know how the magic happens... I just eat the results! LOL :0)

Here is the recipe if you feel like giving them a whirl:

No Egg Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2 c        flour
1/4 t      salt
1/4 t      soda
1 c        sugar
1/2 c     packed brown sugar
1 c        butter or margarine, softened
1 t         vanilla
5T         unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c     milk
1 c        coarsely chopped nuts (if desired)
1 1/2 c  semi sweet chocolate chunks (or chips)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  All of the batches will be cooked on the same sheet.  In a medium bowl mix flour, soda, and salt.  In a large bowl cream the butter, sugars, and vanilla.  Using the low speed blend the milk and cocoa into the butter mixture.  Add flour mixture slowly at low speed to the butter and cocoa mixture.  Fold in nuts and chocolate chunks.  Measure mix in 1/4 cup quantities and drop onto cookie sheet.  (Only 4 cookies will fit on a cookie sheet, and I refrigerate unused dough between batches to keep firm.)  Bake 20 minutes or until the tops look dry.  Cool cookies on the sheet for 5 minutes, so they are easy to lift off and enjoy!

No comments: