Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Monday, February 28, 2011

The Irony of Nature


How is that for an inquisitive face?  Almost want to give him a little rub on the head, huh?  I would have loved to but didn't dare.  I love having my fingers much more!  This photo op  is of a slinky little fellow that stopped by the house today on his way to being released back into the wild.  By looks and length, he appeared to be a mink.  My son trapped him and brought him by so I could get pics for future artwork. 

Nature is just awesome.  I sat watching him completely enthralled by his every move, fascinated by his vast intelligence to survive in the wild, and respectful of his ferocity to defend himself.  Maybe being a little surprised at myself for being so captivated by this beautiful sleek animal.  Why the surprise you ask?  Well, this darling little guy killed 15 of my son's chickens before being caught.  Just another little guy trying to survive... I guess...

2 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

As I read I was thinking how cute he is. Oh my he killed chickens. I am picking up some baby chicks this week to raise. I hope he can not find his way back to your chickens. Blessings! Lara

Brenda said...

Hello Lara! He was cute. It is hard to believe that he could cause that much devastation. He was released in a nature park area... lots of wooded land with a river to play in and far away from any farms.

I am anxious to see your little chicks. I have some pics of our last batch on my Sketches blog. You are going to have so much fun! :)