Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Friday, April 27, 2012

Thrifty Internet Find ~ Seuss "Bump Thump" Quilt Kit


As you all know, I absolutely flipped over the Lorax from Kaufman Fabrics and purchased enough yardage to make two quilt tops.  After scanning through the older prints and hoping the Sneetches might show up in the future ;) , I ran across their "Cat in the Hat" fabric.   I was excited to find this "Bump Thump" quilt kit designed by Heidi Pridemore.  It fits the Seussian theme perfectly, and the size (75 x 88") makes for a bold  yet playful quilt.  Unfortunately, the sticker price was $99.00, and my quilting funds were running low.  I resigned myself to the idea of buying random yardage for a scrappy quilt... at least until a week ago. :)  While wandering around the Internet, I stumbled on a clearance sale (almost as good as a yard sale!) and purchased the kit for a fraction of the price.  How much???






29.98!!   



I am happy to say that Mr. Cat arrived at my post office on Wednesday... I have been admiring him ever since! ;)

2 comments:

Jody Wakefield studio said...

Neat things, I simply loved Dr. Seuss and still do!!

Hugs
Jody

Brenda said...

Thanks for stopping by Jody! :)