Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Sunday, January 29, 2012

Upcycled Wool Sweater Mittens & Soup!

It has been cold outside today, so I was inspired to finish up my sewing on these wool felted sweater mittens.  Here they are newly pressed and ready to be listed in my Etsy shop. :)  I have some plain sweater fronts cut for mittens, also.  They were suppose to have some wool embroidered designs added to them, but a friend convinced me that some plain mittens would be great for customers with patterned coats.  So, I'll be finishing those up this week. ;) 




It has come to my attention with various hints from my family members  ;) that we have not had fresh noodles for a while in the house.  Everyone (myself included)  is sick of eating prepackaged brands.  So... I took time away from my work to play in the kitchen.  Noodles are so fun to make, and the clothes rack that I bought is a great help in making 4 or 5 double batches.



And my reward for turning out all of these noodles?  A warm bowl of homemade chicken soup! :)



I hope everyone is warm and cozy today!  They are predicting temps in the 40's this week.  We sure can't complain.  It has been a mild winter in Northern Illinois this year! :)

8 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

I love the mittens and the noodles look yummy but they look like lots of work......and that soup....so good! Blessings!

colleens craft shed said...

Love the mittens! Homemade noodles are the best and the chicken soup looks yummy!! Think I need to make some this week.
Colleen

Brenda said...

Hello Patty... They are not too much work. Mixing is a little tedious, but the Kitchenaid does all that and the kneading, too. What a blessing that machine is! I have a hand cranked machine to roll and cut the noodles and really enjoy it. :)

I love to multi task, so there was a favorite movie playing on the TV... Polyanna on Hallmark for today's distraction. ;)

Brenda said...

Hello Colleen... I think the cold temps this weekend kicked me into high gear. Sometimes I need the extra push! ;)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those cute mittens...don't need them down here but they are very sweet! I haven't made fresh noodles in awhile either...looks so yummy! ♥

Brenda said...

Hello Diane... I can't wait for our temps to match yours! ;)

Anonymous said...

Cute mittens and yummy looking soup- good combo!

Brenda said...

Thanks Deb! :)