Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Thursday, January 5, 2012

YIPEEE!! The Lorax is on Fabric!!

Can you believe it!!  I just found out via The Jolly Jabber that Robert Kaufman designs has released the Lorax for January 2012.  I just knew this was going to be a fabulous year!!   As my sisters can all attest, I am a HUGE Seuss nut!!!  And well, I guess my comment to the wonderful staff at Fat Quarters says it all ... Oh, and they requested that comments be in rhyme, and I was more than willing to oblige!!:

I have loved Seuss and the Lorax, since I was old enough to read...

About the problems of the Truffula forest from making too many thneeds.

The Oncler learns his lesson and inspires a young boy...

To plant a Truffula seed and create a new forest full of joy.

I have been a fan of Theodor Geisel aka Dr Seuss from the very start...

I loved the Grinch and the Sneetches but the Lorax stole my heart.

For years I have waited for fabric to immortalize this little critter...

The empty bin in my fabric hutch left me with a sadness that was close to being bitter.

Thank you Kaufman fabrics for bringing these terrific characters into my stash...

I cannot wait for the Lorax line to be available and am saving up my cash!!

I owe a lot of my humor and my love of rhyme to that man named Dr. Seuss...

And now that he can become a part of my quilting, my love of design can be let loose.


If you are not a follower of The Jolly Jabber  and LOVE fabric, I highly suggest that you head on over to their blog and sign up here.  They made my New Year kick off with a bang!  And if you have a need... to shop for a Lorax or a Thneed (rhyming again?LOL),  you can find the darling Lorax in their shop here.

My hubby will be driven nuts tonight with my rhyming and excitement.  Maybe I will dig out my Lorax shirt, book, and have the DVD playing when he gets home!  ;)  LOL  The Lorax is one of my favorite stories by Seuss... followed closely by the tale of the Sneetches and of course that wonderful Grinch!  For those of you that are not familiar with the Lorax, I highly recommend this children's tale.  It resonates with the young and not so young readers.  Seuss had a gift for transcending generations and relating to the reader as well as the young listener.  He had a true gift.  Best of all he made his readers want to be better people and create a  better world.  For the would be writers in the group... He opened our minds to the strength of words (real or make believe) and the beauty of verse.   And for the soon to be artists... He inspired us to let loose and venture out of our comfort zones, to dream larger than life, and capture on paper the world through our own eyes...  I will always be grateful to Theodor Geisel for that. :) 

2 comments:

Lenna Green said...

This is one of my all time favourite books, hope you have fun with the fabric. Thanks too for dropping by my blog

Brenda said...

Thanks for stopping by Lenna! :)