Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stihl Chainsaw Christmas Tree with Matching Skirt

I enjoy my trees and holiday collections at Christmas time.  My son has a tree that holds his train ornament collection, which has now spilled to the floor around the base.  I have my Rankin and Bass Rudolph and mini Shiney Brite tree, along with the main tree that houses my large Shiney Brites and hand made heirlooms.  But oddly enough, my hubby has never had his own theme tree.  Gee Whiz... even the cat has her personal photo ornament on the large tree!  I am happy to announce that this year my hubby finally can admire his own personal tree... *sigh*

Of course, the overall theme had to be Stihl Chainsaws!  He is lucky that I picked up a ceramic mold years ago that had a chainsaw in it.  I poured 12 of them and painted them to resemble an old roll bar version of his beloved brand.  Touching isn't it? LOL ;)   After promising him this tree two years ago, I was determined that this year was to be the year of completion.  Monday marked that goal being met with the creation of the tree skirt in the "oh to familiar" orange, black, and white colors!  

I created the star with foil wrappers saved from holiday mini Reese cups.  They are my hubby's favorite candy along with York Peppermint Patties, which would have worked equally as well --if I would have had some of the outer discards.  Next year though, I will buy and save the foils from the fall themed mini Reese cups.  The fall tones should look more fitting with the colors of the chainsaws.  I think the current little star is darling for this year's tree and will migrate to another display next fall. :)   


I purchased some orange led lights at Halloween, and it works perfectly to enhance the theme and color scheme of the tree!


My hubby smiles when he looks at his addition to the Christmas display.  The tree is 3 1/2 feet tall and works well with the ceramic ornaments.  I hope that my hubby doesn't want to add his collection of saw ornaments next year, because a larger tree would be needed, and I am running out of space! ;)

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is so great! My Dad would have loved this...he thought the Stihl was the best there was! Happy holidays! ♥

Brenda said...

Thanks for stopping by Dianne... Those men sure can be loyal to their chainsaw brands! I am so happy to have my Christmas decorating complete. :)

Gayle said...

That's so fun - I love trees that are designed to fit someone's personality - I'm sure your hubby is lovin' it!

Brenda said...

Hello Gayle... He had a huge smile when the tree skirt made its appearance on Monday. It makes me wish that I had got at this project sooner!