Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A New Year and Sleigh Bells

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends!  Here in Northern Illinois, we welcomed the New Year with a heavy dusting of snow.   It was beautiful, and our town's first real snow for the winter season.  Made me think of a purchase I made back in May.... Some gorgeous sleigh bells.


These are the real deal.  Horse sweated on leather and all!  I fell in love with them at the What Cheer Flea Market.  I purchased the largest strand first for fear of losing them to another thrifty hunter.  Later after showing Mr. Hollow my find, we went back and purchased the other two.  Their sound is amazing!  Classic sleigh riding jingles.  Makes me think of my Dad and his stories of growing up around the big work horses.  I can just imagine how grand they would look in these strands.

Just look at the size of the largest bell!

 
 
 
Even the Shepherdess said the sleigh bells were really neat!  Trust me, she is a hard one to impress.  Lol  The purchase kind of encompassed the tone (in more ways than one) for 2018... A year of reflection, nostalgia, and perseverance.  Maybe turning 50 had something to do with it as well.  Either way, these bells enchant me and fill the air with the sound of inviting merriment.  I give them the honor of being the best purchase of 2018.  :)


No comments: