I would like to thank Kim from The Barn Hollow . She is a very talented individual that has bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger award. This award promotes bloggers to share 7 facts about themselves that our friends may not already know. I think that it is a fun idea. So... Let me see... What are seven things that my blogging friend's may not know about me? Hmmm.
1. I was raised in a family of 5 daughters in a house with only one bathroom! LOL My honored title is Daughter number 4 and at any given time will answer to any of the other girl's names! ;)
2. As you already know, I am a huge fan of children's literature, but you may not know that I am an ardent admirer of the life and works of Beatrix Potter. Every book that I could find about her life, graces my book shelf along with a few collectibles. In my movie collection, I have Renee Zellweger's "Miss Potter". Although many parts of the movie were unnecessarily inaccurate, it was still very inspiring and enchanting. :)
3. At one time, I was a regular art contributor to RAGS Magazine (a periodical for Raggedy Ann and Andy collectors). After a while, my art was honored to be displayed on a few covers, and the piece below was used for placemats at their annual festival in Arcola, Illinois.
At the final festival in Arcola, I was chosen to do the art for the Festival t shirts and limited prints of my work were made and given to attendees to the annual brunch. It was a great honor and made for a touching farewell to a wonderful festival.
4. I love to learn new things! If I hear of some historical happening, stumble on a new or old form of cooking / craft, or am in need of a new appliance or gadget for my home... (pretty much any topic!), I will research it to death until I have learned everything about the subject. It can drive me crazy sometimes, and I'm sure my family, too! ;)
5. When working in my little art studio area, my portable DVD player can always be found running. I find music way to distracting (although I love it dearly) while working on my art. And my hubby and son will roll their eyes and adamantly testify that I watch the same movies OVER AND OVER AND OVER! ;)
6. I love to laugh! There were a few years of my life that I let other people's opinions lower my level of self worth and wrap me doubt and negativity. Those feelings ended with a nasty bout of the hives, which unfortunately were misdiagnosed and lasted for the first half of the year 2000... What a way to welcome in the Millennium... Aaagh! But I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and I learned that in life you have to take care of yourself and surround yourself with good, honest and loving people. Although there are plenty of situations in a life that call on our serious side, I believe that life is fleeting, the world is truly awesome and that God intends us to embrace the wonders of life and enjoy the moments... I love to joke around with friends and family and will forever be a work in progress! :)
7. I am very noncompetitive and can be shy in regards to promoting my art. It is actually a big flaw in my character and has resulted in many missed opportunities which is something that I am working to correct. On the other hand, I do don't see fellow artists as competition and love to admire, marvel and promote their work. This opens the opportunity for me to share some of my favorite artists... And by artists, I mean from the drawing, painting and fiber art world, to the culinary arts, to the interior decorating fields, and those that are gifted with the ability to write on a multitude of topics.
This year, I am going to be doing some reviews on those wonderful people that keep me riveted to their blogs and work. If you click on my profile, you will see that I follow 292 wonderful people and groups in blogland. They are all amazingly gifted individuals that share their knowledge and works of art. I gladly bestow this award on all of them and look forward to promoting their talents on my blog this year. :)