Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award :)

I would like to thank Kim from The Barn Hollow .  She is a very talented individual that has bestowed upon me the Versatile Blogger award.  This award promotes bloggers to share 7 facts about themselves that our friends may not already know.  I think that it is a fun idea.  So... Let me see... What are seven things that my blogging friend's may not know about me?  Hmmm.



1.  I was raised in a family of 5 daughters in a house with only one bathroom! LOL  My honored title is Daughter number 4 and at any given time will answer to any of the other girl's names! ;) 

2.  As you already know, I am a huge fan of children's literature, but you may not know that I am an ardent admirer of the life and works of Beatrix Potter.  Every book that I could find about her life, graces my book shelf along with a few collectibles.  In my movie collection, I have Renee Zellweger's "Miss Potter".  Although many parts of the movie were unnecessarily inaccurate, it was still very inspiring and enchanting. :)

  


3.  At one time, I was a regular art contributor to RAGS Magazine (a periodical for Raggedy Ann and Andy collectors).    After a while, my art was honored to be displayed on a few covers, and the piece below was used for placemats at their annual festival in Arcola, Illinois.



At the final festival in Arcola, I was chosen to do the art for the Festival t shirts and limited prints of my work were made and given to attendees to the annual brunch.  It was a great honor and made for a touching farewell to a wonderful festival.



4.  I love to learn new things!  If I hear of some historical happening, stumble on a new or old form of cooking / craft,  or am in need of a new appliance or gadget for my home... (pretty much any topic!), I will research it to death until I have learned everything about the subject.  It can drive me crazy sometimes, and I'm sure my family, too! ;)    

5.  When working in my little art studio area, my portable DVD player can always be found running.  I find music way to distracting (although I love it dearly) while working on my art.  And my hubby and son will roll their eyes and adamantly testify that I watch the same movies OVER AND OVER AND OVER!  ;)     

6.  I love to laugh!  There were a few years of my life that I let other people's opinions  lower my level of self worth and wrap me doubt and negativity.  Those feelings ended with a nasty bout of the hives, which unfortunately were misdiagnosed and  lasted for the first half of the year 2000...  What a way to welcome in the Millennium...  Aaagh!  But I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and I learned that in life you have to take care of yourself and surround yourself with good, honest and loving people.   Although there are plenty of situations in a life that call on our serious side, I believe that life is fleeting, the world is truly awesome and that God intends us to embrace the wonders of life and enjoy the moments...  I love to joke around with friends and family and will forever be a work in progress! :)

7.  I am very noncompetitive and can be shy in regards to promoting my art.  It is actually a big flaw in my character and has resulted in many missed opportunities which is something that I am working to correct.  On the other hand, I do don't see fellow artists as competition  and love to admire, marvel and promote their work.  This opens the opportunity for me to share some of my favorite artists... And by artists, I mean from the drawing, painting and fiber art world, to the culinary arts, to the interior decorating fields, and those that are gifted with the ability to write on a multitude of topics. 

This year, I am going to be doing some reviews  on those wonderful people that keep me riveted to their blogs and  work.    If you click on my profile, you will see that I follow 292 wonderful people and groups in blogland.  They are all amazingly gifted individuals that share their knowledge and works of art.  I gladly bestow this award on all of them and look forward to promoting their talents on my blog this year. :)

No comments: