Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Monday, January 16, 2017

Hello 2017 ... Farewell to 2016


Where has the year gone?  It is hard to believe that 2016 has been filed into the archives of the past.  I took a bit of a hiatus from blogging... hadn't intended to... but was intermittent in posting all the same.  I missed it greatly and am going anxious to begin fresh for 2017!  Are you ready for that?  LOL  
 
I thought I would share a few moments from 2016:
 
Believe it or Not... Farmerboy got married!  It was a lovely ceremony and day.  I really do not think a being could ask for a lovelier bride for him to share his special day and life with.  She is a beautiful girl inside and out.  They live on their own small farm about 5 minutes away from us.  The location has a beautiful home for them and plenty of room for the animals.  It is exciting to watch their lives begin, so many great adventures with more to come... :) 
    
 
I strive to keep a positive vibe on my blog as well as in life, but sometimes life has its sad moments.  Mew, the little being that had kept us on our toes for the last 16 years, was called on to her heavenly home.  She left an emptiness in our hearts and home that was almost unbearable.  I spent months roaming the house expecting to see her sleeping in the sun or turning a corner expecting a treat.  We were blessed to have her arrive on our door step as a few week old kitten back in 2000.  I believe she was sent from heaven to share our world.  I could not have hand picked a better soul than her.  She was and always will be our little girl.
 
 

 
 
 
Life is odd sometimes.  I made it perfectly clear for months after Mew's passing that there would not be any more furry creatures in my home.  Farmerboy even brought a little black kitten to visit... no bigger than Mew at our first encounter.  I held firm to my convictions... No more.  He ended up adopting the tiny guy and named him Elliot. 
 
In October just in time for Halloween, I took a week off from work.  It was always my joke to tell Mew she was worth a premium at that time of year, since she was black. :)  The house was so quiet.  I remember looking out the window into the back yard.  I really felt at peace.  I promised God that if a kitten would arrive just like Mew did... I would take it in.  The day after Thanksgiving, He decided to take me at my word.  Mr. Hollow began the day by tapping on that same window saying there was something I needed to see...
 
I made good on my promise.  And into our world entered Miss Gabrielle-- Gabby for short.  Do I really need to tell you how our Christmas went?   LOL
 



Here is the kicker to the story that to this day still shocks my family.  Miss Gabby did not show up on that particular Saturday alone... She arrived with her little (in size) sister.  Yeah you heard me,  there were two!!    Apparently someone from Above, enjoys testing promises or has an uncanny sense of humor.  I remember telling Farmerboy, " I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb."   So on the day after Thanksgiving,  Mr. Hollow arrived back from work to the news of two little girls being adopted into our home... Yep, as simple as that...  So without further adieu,  please let me introduce you to Miss Isabelle aka "Izzie" (top of photo) and Miss Gabrielle aka "Gabby" (bottom of photo).  Nothing heals the heart like falling in love again.  :)


 
 
I look forward to new beginnings in 2017 with a studio unfolding for myself in the spring.  I cannot wait to share the space with you.  There will be more adventures to share in our travels, experiments in the kitchen  and  tales of the little fur babies.  Plus, I look forward to taking time to check out the happenings on the kids' farm! 
 
So here is to an adventurous New Year. 
 
Welcome 2017!!
 
 
 



2 comments:

Earlene said...

WELCOME BACK to blogging!!!
Great wedding picture and very sweet now you have 2 new fur babies !!!
Happy New Year!!!!
Earlene

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

Oh my goodness! I adore kitties... and Gabby and Izzie are just absolutely precious! How wonderful... they will always have one another for company and to snuggle. It's obvious you have such a big heart and will give them both so much love! The Lord above knew you needed one another! He, indeed, sent you two very special gifts early for Christmas!

Happy New Year!!! God's Blessings!!! Net :)
http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com