Whimsical and Homespun Art Creations with a Little Rural Living Thrown In





Sunday, July 5, 2015

Vintage Bucilla Alphabet Quilt ~ WIP

Here is the progress on the vintage Bucilla Alphabet quilt.  The colors are so funky bright, and the little characters are charming.  They really should have kept making this quilt.  It is such a wonderful starting place for newbies to embroidery.  I have been stretching my knowledge with this one.  I inadvertently screwed up the pattern by using the outline stitch instead of a backstitch around the main characters.  Funny thing... My Mom was certain she used the outline stitch when she made my sister's.  Talk about channeling the past! ;)
 
 
E is for Elephant...  Very exotic looking isn't he?
 
 


F is for Frog... I was so proud of how the satin stitch worked out on his eyes!!




G is for goose...  His beak looks a little weird due to the hoop being just removed off it.  :(




H is for Humpty Dumpty (in progress)...  Is he still popular?  LOL


These character quilts are so fun, but I really need to reduce my stash!  With my million other interests, it will be hard to complete them all.  Plus, I really doubt Farmerboy is going to have that many kids! LOL

No comments: